Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Denial Mode

I was listening to NBC's Jamie Gangell interview Mitt Romney with Chris Christie the other night, and was struck by a comment made by the New Jersey governor: "Romney is our best chance of taking back the White House."

Take it back from what, where or who? Take it back to the disastrous times of George W. Bush? Do Republicans really think the general populace has forgotten what Bush did to the United States in eight short years?

Or perhaps right-wing politicians are living in convenient denial, in their minds truly forgetting what their party did to our country.

Speaking for myself, I have daily reminders of their handiwork in the cost of food, healthcare and the consequences of their current non-action, not to mention just trying to survive in general.

I doubt I'm the only one.

No comments:

Post a Comment