Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Moving Tear-Jerker

My mother is Canadian, but has never obtained US citizenship despite being married to my American-born father for more than fifty years.

However, she was moved by President Obama's final campaign speech tonight. We both had copious tears running down our cheeks as he spoke, emotionally charged by his obvious sincerity and humaneness. There was never in any doubt in my mind as to who would get my vote anyway, the same as it was four years ago.

My admiration goes to those who are willing to stand in line for hours on end to cast their ballots, despite right-wing attempts to squelch their voices in many areas across the country.

Thankfully I was able to vote via absentee ballot more than two weeks ago, so I will be spared the painful wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment