Monday, October 15, 2012

Veep Notes

I thoroughly enjoyed last Thursday's vice-presidential debate between Joe Biden and Paul Ryan. Unlike the first presidential debate, when I did a lot of screaming at the television, the veep-chat set me to laughing several times. More important, Vice President Biden was able to reveal the falsehoods and inherent flaws in his opponent's views with great aplomb.

Right-wing reaction to Biden was typical, mainly because they simply can't defend their own vice presidential candidate and his spotty record. I think my favorite moment during the veep debate was when Biden pointed out Ryan had requested stimulus money for Wisconsin even as he publicly rallied against it. The best breakdown of the interaction: Robert Reich's Super Clear, Super Helpful Review of the VP Debate.

I'm looking forward to tomorrow night's Obama-Romney rematch, although I have a feeling I'll be screaming at the television again. Which Romney will appear this time – the moderate, the conservative or the tea bagger?

No comments:

Post a Comment