Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Pro Choice

I was born and raised Catholic, but I refuse to let a priest, Pope or government tell me what to do with my body or any other part of my life. It's none of their damned business. Those who are pro-life can go ahead and do what they think is morally just, but they have no right to shove their beliefs down my throat in the process. If pro-lifers are peeved with people who disagree with them, they can simply stay away from the machinations and quit forcing their views on the rest of us. People can make up their own minds, obviously, which is the point of being pro-choice.

And how do I reconcile the Catholic edicts with my views? I've always felt a great peace after Catholic Mass and will continue to attend whether I receive communion or not, but I separate the church's perception on what people should do in their personal lives as opposed to what we do while in the pew.

Pro-choice has always been my stance and I cannot envision any argument that would make me feel otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment