Sunday, May 10, 2009

Weekend Telly

I thought I could take a weekend break from blogging, but I had to mention how much I enjoyed watching the White House Correspondents' Association dinner on C-SPAN.

I wasn't interested in the "red carpet" portion of the program (re: stars arriving at the Washington Hilton), but the televised speechifying was worth watching.
The President was very funny and seemed relaxed, while I thought Wanda Sykes was a hoot. In particular, I had a good laugh over the remarks she made about the Blob:
[Rush Limbaugh] said he just wants the country to fail. To me that's treason. He's not saying anything different than what Osama Bin Laden is saying. You might want to look into this, sir, because I think Rush Limbaugh was the 20th hijacker but he was just so strung out on Oxycontin he missed his flight. Rush Limbaugh, I hope the country fails, I hope his kidneys fail, how about that? He needs a good waterboarding, that's what he needs.
Once or twice the camera moved to the meagerly populated Fox News table. Is it any surprise they looked like they had just bitten into a batch of fresh lemons?

1 comment:

  1. Actually, I enjoyed the "Limbaugh can't be counted as a troubled asset for the Republican Party" remark.

    ollie

    ReplyDelete