Friday, May 8, 2009

Free Will

I'm Catholic, but I completely disagree with this:
First of all, President Obama is not anti-life. He is pro-choice. There is a big difference between the two.

In addition, the term "pro-life" is misleading. It infers that anyone who doesn’t label themselves as "pro-life" must be anti-life. I notice most members of the GOP try to blur that line to suit their own agendas when the topic surfaces.

Being "pro-life" is fine, as long as those supporting the tag allow others to opt for "pro-choice" instead. If we permit radical right-wing forces to eliminate our right to choose, where does it end?

As I stated in my blog entry of 22 April 2009 (Pro Choice):
If pro-lifers are peeved with people who disagree with them, they can simply stay away from the machinations [of the process] and quit forcing their views on the rest of us. People can make up their own minds, obviously, which is the point of being pro-choice.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment