Sunday, February 28, 2010

Power to the People

I reiterate: Until a substantial and legitimate healthcare bill passes, members of Congress should be denied their own medical insurance coverage. Perhaps this would light a fire underneath their seats and force them to get the job done.

I've heard it mentioned by certain commentators on political television sideshows, albeit briefly, and the notion is quickly dismissed. No one wants to explore the possibility of non-coverage for members of Congress, and I don't understand why. As voters, we have the power. Let's hold our elected government representatives feet to the fire until they accomplish something, once and for all.

Perhaps I sound like a raving lunatic, but I know I'm not the only one who feels the frustration and anger at the lack of action in D.C.

I am sick and tired of the time-wasting vitriol going back and forth between members of the Democratic and Republican parties. Each one of them likes to begin their argumentative statements with "The American people want…" They have no idea what the American people want, or they would be doing it instead of prolonging the process with rehashed debates.

Let one of their children or spouse go without health insurance coverage for awhile and see how fast something happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment